Thursday, July 29, 2010

You Make Me Smile

So I finally purchased some REALLY awesome stamps from Verve and I love them. I'm a very patriotic person and their American Hero Collection is my favorite.  For this card though, I used the Blue Skies collection.

You Make Me Smile
I think the hardest part of this card was the butterflies! I stamped, then embossed, then colored, then cut!  I used craft wire to make the antennas and used glue dots to adhere them to the page.  The sentiment is also embossed (I just love how embossing looks).   I've really wanted to focus on anytime cards for the troops and I think this hit the spot!  Who doesn't enjoy a card or letter for no reason other than somebody cares about you!

This next card is a mixture of Blue Skies and Always on My Mind.


My Thoughts
Once again I stamped and cut the butterflies from the Blue Skies collection. I used Charcoal Chalk to soften the edges.  Chalking is another favorite technique of mine!

All of my cards created so far are for OWH.  A nice way to give to those who give all for you =)

1 comment: