Tuesday, August 17, 2010

OWH Sketch Challenge

I've been really wanting to participate in more challenges but have been so drained at the end of the day to create anything.  Well I'm kicking myself into gear and making it a goal to do one challenge a week.  The card I created tonight for the OWH S&S Sketch Challenge was inspired by a box of Stampin' Up! goodies I received in the mail yesterday.

Dasher
Meet Dasher! I was inspired to make Christmas cards and this sketch was perfect! I didn't capture a picture of the inside but I created an empty white square with a red matt for the Hero to write their own sentiment..Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Warm Wishes, whatever!!  The cardstocks used were Whisper White and Real Red.  The ink is Real Red and the stamp is Dasher.  The ribbon is 5/8" Whisper White and the brads were from my stash.

I also found the time to break out some ribbon and make two birthday cards.

Happy Birthday!
I love to use ribbon and especially to ruffle it!  I believe the cupcake and the hat were lucky finds at Walmart and the ribbons came from Michael's.  The blue brads were bought at a craft store somewhere between Southern California and Olympia, Washington.  I used my Cuttle Bug and the Swiss Dots A2 folder to emboss the backgrounds.

Hope you've enjoyed!!

4 comments:

  1. wow,girl!!! You've been busy!!!All of these cards are super cute,as usual!!! It's always fun to create with new goodies,enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great cards! That christmas card is really pretty - I love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas card! So clean and simple! And your birthday cards with that ruffled ribbon are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete